Introduction to Customs
This short one hour course provides an overview of customs procedures and process at a global and GB:NI level from January 2021.
In this course, you will gain an understanding of the essentials required to facilitate Great Britain - Northern Ireland goods movements. This course will also communicate customs requirements and how to successfully begin navigating them.
- What is Customs?
- Types of customs legislation and regulations
- What is a customs declaration?
- Why are customs declarations required?
- What is an EORI number?
- What is a commodity code?
- Why is it needed?
- When is a safety and security declaration required?
- What is a commercial invoice?
- What is a packing list?
- Types of certificates and licences
- What is a customs Tariff?
- When do they apply?
- Northern Ireland trade scenario