IEMA Certified Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management Course (leading to AIEMA)
Practical course (leading to IEMA Associate Membership, AIEMA) providing delegates looking to cross skill/upskill in the environment with the basic knowledge and principles of environment and sustainability.
This 5 day course has been developed by IEMA with a local, national and global perspective to provide learners with a foundation of environmental and sustainability knowledge that the learner can utilise within their organisation. The wide range of environmental, sustainability and governance principles covered ensures that learners appreciate and understand the breadth of the sustainability agenda, and the focus on specific management tools and skills provides learners with an introduction to practical application that they will need when working within this arena. The course is delivered through trainer presentations and practical discussions, exercises and current case studies to share best practice. The course enables attendees to obtain an internationally recognised qualification and professional IEMA Membership.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at learners who are initiating a career in environmental management and want a solid foundation of environment and sustainability expertise to build on. Successful completion of the online exam leading to achievement of IEMA Associate Membership, IEMA’s entry professional membership level, helps provide evidence of this knowledge as well as commitment to this career pathway. There are no formal entry requirements for learners to enrol onto this course. Past attendees have included quality technicians, team supervisors, EHS managers and graduates.
Course content includes
- Understand the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations.
- Outline sustainable business/governance values.
- Consider environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services.
- Summarises major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services.
- Identify major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance.
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions.
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information.
- Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions.
- Engage with stakeholders, deliver effective communication and capture feedback.
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks.
- Identify and propose ways to improve environmental performance.
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability.
Assessment is via a 1 hour open-book online multiple-choice exam, candidates have to complete their examination within 28 days from the start of the examination period and must have access to a device with a reliable internet connection. Candidates will receive log in details to their registered e-mails prior to their examination period starting.
Note a 1 year IEMA Associate Membership is included in the initial cost of the course, further information is available at https://www.iema.net/membership/associate-membership/