Effective Communication Skills
This practical one-day training course will help you to communicate effectively, appropriately and clearly in all situations.
You will develop an understanding of the impact that your communication skills have on other people, and how improving these skills can improve relationships and make it easier to get better results.
Effective Communication Skills
Effective communication skills are the cornerstone of success. Everybody, no matter what their job is, requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. If you want to progress you need to be able to express yourself clearly and to listen and understand the needs and wants of others. By tuning into your audience you will learn to develop your message for clarity and impact.
You will learn how to develop positive working relationships, create rapport and feel confident around others. As an effective communicator, you will be great at getting others to open up and discuss feelings and emotions, handle difficult conversations appropriately and feel less pressure when communicating with others.
By the end of the training course you will be able to:
- Understand the communication process
- Identify barriers to communication
- Understand the key aspects of communication attitudes that can be portrayed – aggressive, assertive, passive and passive aggressive.
- Identify your personality type and communication preferences and how these impact communication
- Understand and apply Neil Rackham's Behavioural Analysis model to improve your behaviour and success of your internal and external communications
- Use appropriate techniques to influence others and develop more collaborative working relationships
- Handle difficult conversations with confidence
- Analyse and utilise body language to your advantage
- Listen actively and effectively and use appropriate questioning techniques
Is it for me?
If you would like to improve your communication effectiveness, be understood and create positive working relationships then this is the course for you.
All cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com Fees payable for cancellations are as follows:
More than 14 days before the date of the course - No fees payable
3 – 14 days before the date of the course - £50 administration fee
Less than 3 days before the date of the course - 50% of total fees payable
We will accept a substitute delegate at any stage at no charge.
Should AKU Training need to cancel or postpone an event for any reason, as much notice as possible will be given and an alternative date may be offered. If the alternative date is unacceptable to you any delegate fees will be fully refunded. AKU Training is not liable for any subsequent loss.
Whilst the programme is correct at the time of going to press, AKU Training reserves the right to change the details of the training course at any time. Alterations may be beyond our control.
At certain events photographs and recordings may be taken for promotional purposes.
If you have any questions regarding this booking please contact the Events Team on 028 9016 0587 or email firstname.lastname@example.org