Customs Procedures and Documentation
Cost: £598.80 - £718.80
The UK completed its departure from the EU on 31 December 2020, marking the end of the transition period as the UK left the EU's single market and customs union.
Businesses will now need to complete customs declarations to trade with the EU, as well as non-EU markets around the world.
Our one day Customs Procedures & Documentation training course covers everything that you will need to know complete these declarations and other documentation.
The training course offers a very detailed and comprehensive look at the information that is required to be submitted to customs. It also looks at the differences between the information required for EU and non-EU trade.
When it comes to customs documentation it is vitally important that importers and exporters understand the information submitted, as they are ultimately liable for this information, even if hiring a third party.
Delays, fines and inspections are things that no company wants to endure, hence this course will equip attendees with the information needed to comply with customs rules. It will also support delegates ensure they are ready if an audit from HMRC is required.
The course is also ideal for anyone who is getting to grips with new requirements for continuing trade with the EU now that the transition period has finished.
The course will cover:
- An understanding of the role of HMRC
- An understanding of UK customs procedures
- Explanation of an EORI number
- Explanation of what free circulation is
- Explanation of the SAD C88
- Key information for both import and export entries
- The change from CHIEF to CDS
- UK Tariff - product classification using tariff/commodity codes
- Explanation of Customs Procedure Codes (CPC) and what they do
- Explanation of key import and export documentation
- What documents can be used as proof of export from the UK
- Certificates of Origin
- Compliance with Rules of Origin
- Commercial invoices
- Generalised System of Preferences (GSP)
- WTO methods of valuation for import
- AEO - benefits of being an Authorised Economic Operator
- Understand customs relief schemes available to imports and exporters
- Use of customs notices
Who should attend
This course is suitable for both people who are new to international business and experienced companies who may want to refresh their knowledge.
Member - £499 + VAT
Non-member - £599 + VAT
It is company policy that all invoices are paid at least 15 days in advance of the course start date.
We offer a no refund policy and where we have to postpone a course your registration will be transferred to the next available course.
You will be sent a course confirmation two weeks prior to the course start date and we recommend that you do not confirm any travel arrangements prior to this date as we cannot be held responsible for travel costs incurred prior to the course confirmation date.
In exceptional circumstances we may have to postpone a course and in such circumstances we will advise you of this no later than two weeks prior to the course start date.
Cancellations are not permitted within 15 days of the course start date, in such instances 100% of the course fee will be payable regardless of attendance/non-attendance.
Please note that any dietary requirements advised to us are passed to the venue for catering purposes. The Institute accepts no responsibility for the provision of catering or the adherence to any dietary requirements, this is the responsibility of the venue's catering provider.